(317) 247-5040 | office@wehelpimmigrants.com | 3500 DePauw Blvd, Ste 2071, Indianapolis IN 46268


  • Black Facebook Icon

Disclaimer: The legal information on our website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied. No attorney-client relationship is created through the use of our website. All information on this site is of a general nature and should not be considered legal advice. Always consult our firm or another qualified immigration lawyer about your specific situation prior to taking any action in your case.


Did you know that green card holders can be deported? It's scary, but true.


Becoming a naturalized citizen is the only way to ensure that you can stay in the United States forever. In most cases, we recommend immigrants apply as soon as they are legally eligible.


Why would I want to become a citizen?

There are many benefits to naturalizing. Some of the most important ones are: You will be able to live in the U.S. forever. - no one can take it away from you or change the rules and deport you (unless you lied on your application.) You can vote. You can travel with a U.S. passport. You can work for the government. You may be able to pass citizenship on to your children. You may qualify to petition for certain family members.

Do I qualify?

You might qualify to apply for citizenship if you have had a green card for at least five years (or just three years if you're been married to an American), have not traveled outside of the U.S. for more than six months at a time, have spent more than half of your time physically inside the U.S., don't have a serious criminal history, and speak English.

There are many other reasons that you might not be eligible, but these are the most common issues we come across. We can help you determine for sure whether you qualify to become a citizen. 

What if I don't speak English?

The ability to speak basic English is a requirement, but there are exceptions. If you are 50 years old or older and have been a resident for at least 20 years, you can use an interpreter. You can also use an interpreter if you're at least 55 years old and have been a resident for at least 15 years. 

Please reload

Are you ready to move forward with your case? Do you value having a lawyer on your team?